Scheduled Talks for 2017-2018
1. “Theoretical Unity in Epistemology,” XIth Midwest Epistemology Workshop, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, Sept. 15-16, 2017.
2. “How Skeptics Can Earn Their Keep,” Presidential Address, Central States Philosophical Association, Washington University-St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, October 26-28, 2017.
3. “Personal and Impersonal Conceptions of God,” Conference on Personal and A-Personal Concepts of God, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria, August 6-8, 2018.
Works in Progress
1. “Lessons from Gettier,” for OUP volume on the Gettier problem.
2. “Understanding,” The Epistemology of Theology, edited by Aquino and Abraham, OUP.
3. “Knowledge, Understanding, and Reasons for Belief,” The Oxford Handbook of Reasons and Normativity, edited by Daniel Starr.
4. “Propositionalism and McCain’s Evidentialism,” for New Essays on Evidentialism, a volume of essays edited by Kevin McCain, Springer Library Series.
5. “Virtue Epistemology, Two Kinds of Internalism, and the Intelligibility Problem,” New Essays on Virtue Epistemology, Kristoph Kelp, ed., (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming 2018).
6. “Theoretical Unity in Epistemology,” for a festschrift to honor Peter Klein, edited by Branden Fitelson, Cherie Braden, and Rodrigo Borges, to be published in the Synthese Library. Due 1/17.
7. “Religious Disagreement and Pluralism,” for a volume on Religious Disagreement and Pluralism, edited by Ted Warfield and Matt Benton.
8. Faith and Humility, a monograph to be submitted for publication by summer 2016.
9. Knowing the Future, a monograph on the power and limitations of skepticism.
10. “On the Virtue of Metacoherence.”
11. “The Theory of Confirmation.”